Sarah Cohen, M.D. is an Integrative Medicine physician dedicated to the best practices in health care. Having traveled the earth to study botanical medicine in various continents, and having completed a hospital-based Internal Medicine training with the Thomas Jefferson University Health System in Philadelphia, PA., and a Fellowship in Integrative Medicine with Dr. Andrew Weil at the University of Arizona, Dr. Sarah Cohen is well positioned to integrate a wide spectrum of clinical insights. Dr. Cohen observes that it is at the meeting place between time-honored healing wisdom and modern science where medicine is most marvelous and effective.
Dr. Cohen finds home in the Rocky Mountain terrain of Colorado, where she continues her lifelong study and awe of medicinal plants.
Book either Medical Cannabis Evaluations or Integrative Health appointments with Dr. Sarah.
WHAT IS INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE?
For starters, I’ll quote one of my most revolutionary and well-spoken teachers, Andrew Weil, M.D, “Integrative Medicine is the intelligent combination of Conventional and Alternative Medicine.”
* A method in which cutting-edge biomedical science and evidence based practices are used to create a state that opposes or fixes disease.
* Refers to a knowledge and skill set which is taught in US Medical Schools.
* Sometimes used synonymously with “Allopathic Medicine” or “Orthodox medicine.”
* Prevention and healing oriented, rather than disease-driven.
* Recognizes the innate capacity of the body to repair itself
* Honors the doctor-patient relationship such that the patient is empowered to be their own best health advocate
* Considers the whole person in the body-mind-energetic continuum
* Envisions the ecology of health.
* Open-minded as well as scientifically discerning
* Uses natural, less invasive strategies whenever possible
* Prescribes pharmaceuticals when necessary best practice.